The best way to treat blepharitis is to keep your eyelids clean and free of crusts. There are other treatment options that will help you manage blepharitis.
- Wet a clean washcloth with warm water and wring it out until somewhat dry.
- Place the washcloth over your closed eyes for at least 5 minutes.
- Wet the washcloth as often as needed so it stays warm.
- This will help loosen the flakes sticking around your eyelashes. It also helps keep nearby oil glands from clogging.
- A Bruder Mask can be used in place of a moist cloth.
- Drops or Ointments to eliminate bacteria around the eye that may be causing inflammation
- Pills (Doxycycline) can be used to minimize inflammation within the glands that line the eyelid
Eyelid Scrubs/Lid Hygiene
- It is very important to keep your eyelids clean
- Carefully wash/scrub your eyelashes every day with one of the following:
- A washcloth, cotton swab(Q-Tip) or lint free pad soaked in warm water mixed with a few drops of Baby Shampoo
- Eyelid Cleansing Pads
- Eyelid Foaming Solutions
- Eyelid Sprays
Steroid eye drops or ointments
- Reduce inflammation of the eyelids and eyelashes