Diabetic eye Disease
Diabetic eye disease is a term for several eye problems that can result from Diabetes.
Diabetic eye disease includes:
- Vascular Occlusions (Blockage of Vessels)
- Leakage from Vessels causing swelling (Edema) in the Retina
- Growth of new Blood Vessels (Neovascularization)
- Significant and Vision Threatening Retinopathy can occur without symptoms. Therefore, it is important to have regular Eye Exams if you are Diabetic.
- Causes blurry vision
- Causes a temporary change in your Glasses or Contact Lens Prescription
- Your vision goes back to normal after your blood sugar stabilizes.
- Make sure your blood sugar is controlled before getting your eyeglasses prescription checked.